Adeyemi College of Education Ondo (ACEONDO) is now accepting applications for the post of College Librarian that would soon be vacant. The deadline for submission of applications is six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Adeyemi College of Education College Librarian Duties and Responsibilities.
The College Librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library with particular emphasis on the virtual library as an effective complement to the conventional library, and the coordination of Library Services in all the teaching units of the College.
Qualification and Experience.
- Applicant must possess MLS with at least 18 years cognate experience. Relevant publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer is a must. Possession of a PhD in Library/Information Science will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must not be more than 59 years as at the time of appointment.
- Applicant must not be below the rank of Principal Librarian in a College of Education or Polytechnic.
With a robust and scalable ICT infrastructure, Adeyemi College of Education has become a leading ICT institution in the country. The digitization of all College documents from 1964, the development of an electronic archival system as well as the deployment of an Electronic Document Management System that will usher in a full paperless administration make it mandatory for interested applicants for the position of College Librarian to be those that can effectively drive a 21st century e-compliant Library in line with global standards.
Conditions of Service.
The successful applicant for the position shall be placed on CONPCASS 9. Other relevant benefits and allowances are as spelt out in the Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education and as approved by the Governing Council.
The appointment shall be for an initial period of five (5) years but renewable for another term of five (5) years, subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
How to Apply for Adeyemi College of Education College Librarian Job.
Applicant is requested to submit twenty-five (25) copies of the application as well as photocopies of credentials and curriculum vitae which should contain the following information:
- Full Names with Surname underlined
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Name of Spouse
- Number and Ages of Children
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address and Contact Telephone Number(s)
- E-mail Address
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional)
- Working Experience with Dates
- Names, Addresses and Positions of Three (3) Referees
- Name and Address of Present Employer
- Any other relevant information
Candidates should inform their three (3) referees to forward references on them marked “Confidential” to reach the office of the Registrar before the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: Applications, which are to be received not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication, should be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked “College Librarian” at the upper left-corner and forwarded to:
Adeyemi College of Education
Ondo, Ondo State
Please note that applicants are also required to submit the electronic copies of their applications, credentials and curriculum vitae in PDF format to [email protected]