Where Is Alex Iwobi On The List Of Top Five Premier League Players To Watch In Egypt
African players had a very wonderful season in Europe, especially in England where three Africans emerged as joint top scorer in the country’s top-flight league.
Mohamed Salah (Liverpool), Sadio Mane (Liverpool), Kalidou Koulibaly (Napoli) , Ismaila Sarr (Rennes), Christian Atsu (Newcastle United), and Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City) were very important to their respective clubs, and their country will be looking up to them in Egypt.
Nigeria midfielder cum winger Alex Iwobi was equally important for Arsenal during the season but where does he stand among the top five England-based players to watch at the upcoming tournament?
Allnigeriasoccer.com provides a perfect answer to the question with a list of top five England-based players to watch out for.
1) Mohamed Salah : No player deserves the first spot on the list than the Egyptian striker, who will be hoping to lead his country to glory in front of his compatriots.
The Liverpool star propelled the Reds to their first trophy under Jurgen Klopp as he scored from the spot to help Liverpool defeat Tottenham in the Champions League final. He is definitely one to watch.
2) Sadio Mane : Though the Senegalese striker didn’t get the accolades he deserves, Mane’s contribution to Liverpool’s Champions League triumph can’t be overlooked.
He scored 22 Premier League goals and he will be expected to help his West African team win their first AFCON trophy in their history.
3) Riyad Mahrez : The Manchester City winger will want to continue with his club form for Algeria at the tournament.
Though he didn’t feature in many matches for Premier League champions Manchester City, Mahrez remains one player whose pace and skill are unmatchable to many defenders.
4) Alex Iwobi : The Gunners winger had a mixed season with the North London club but his electrifying pace and wonderful footwork will make him stand out in Egypt.
Iwobi helped Unai Emery’s men to the Europa League final but his beautiful goal against Chelsea wasn’t enough to win the glory.
He will be hoping to have a remarkable outing with the rest of his Super Eagles teammates.
5) Wilfried Zaha : The Crystal Palace man is the fifth player on our list based on his wonderful performances with the Eagles throughout the just concluded season.
The former England youth-teamer will carry Ivory Coast’s dream of winning the tournament for the second time in four years.
His vision for goal and his obvious pace will definitely make him a handful for many defenders.